The declared goal of the professorship for multifunctional construction materials (engl.=MFCM; german=MFKW) is to link fundamental university research and application oriented product development.
The unique of a team consisting of both engineers and natural scientists in the field of chemistry, geology, mineralogy and materials sciences embedded in the research environment of the Institute of Mineralogy, Crystallography and Materials Science (engl. = IMCM, german = IMKM) providing more than 200 years of experiences in microstructural characterization methods enables the professorship to approach the complex questions in an interdisciplinary manner. Main focusses are:
1. Alternative binder systems
2. Fibres and fibre composites
3. Material behavior with respect to temperature change
4. Material behavior under multiple stress
5. Computer tomography (3D-µXCT) and computer-based modelling